We will share more information about what it means to be a Certified B Corporation, the history of the Best for The World (BFTW) program and will host a panel of BFTW companies to share their stories and uplift their best practices.
About the Best for the World Program
Every year, B Lab recognizes the top-performing B Corps creating the greatest impact through their businesses. These B Corps are named Best for the World™ as their verified scores in the five impact areas evaluated on the B Impact Assessment (BIA)—community, customers, environment, governance, and workers—are amongst the global top 5% in their corresponding size group.
These businesses are proving that competing not only to be the best in the world, but the best for the world, is a winning strategy. BFTW provides an opportunity for the global B Corp community to exchange best practices and explore collaboration opportunities to advance positive impact as a collective. In doing so, we work together towards the fulfillment of our movement’s vision to transform the global economy to benefit all people, communities, and the planet.
Best for the World categories:
- Community: By investing in communities, these companies work every day to build a shared, sustainable prosperity for all. Their mission-driven cultures embrace social engagement, charitable giving, and strong communities.
- Environment: Leading the way toward a more sustainable and regenerative planet, these companies put the environment first in their everyday business practices.
- Workers: What is a business without its workers? These B Corps prioritize their workforce through employee-focused efforts, from inclusive hiring practices to employee ownership.
- Customers: These businesses set the standard for serving their customers. By providing critical services like education, healthcare, and finance management, they add value to customers’ lives while supporting the greater good.
- Governance: These honorees embody what it means to use business as a force for good. By building their vision and values into the core of their company, they ensure that their mission will live on with transparency and accountability.
Who should attend?
This event is free and open to anyone who is interested in learning about how to implement business practices that are better for people and the planet. The event may be of particular interest to current B Corp employees and employees of companies pursuing certification who want to learn about ways to improve their practices and their B Impact Assessment score.