Join Keep Pinellas Beautiful’s Hospitality Eco-Partnership Program with USF and Florida for Good on Wednesday, October 25th for a training workshop for hospitality and tourism businesses in sustainable practices and certifications.
Topics covered include tools from the Green Business Bureau, US Green Building Council (LEED), Florida Green Lodging, B Corps, Green Restaurant Association, Tampa Bay Waterkeepers & how you can team up with Keep Pinellas Beautiful to promote destination stewardship. Light refreshments will be served.
- 9am – Welcome by USF St. Pete Associate Dean Susan Toler
- 9:05 – Welcome by Patricia DePlasco, Executive Director Keep Pinellas Beautiful; Hospitality Eco-Partnership introduction.
- 9:15 – Welcome by Visit St. Pete Clearwater Oliver Kugler
- 9:25 – What is sustainable tourism and why consider it? Brooke Hansen
- 9:35 -10:50 Panel (15 minutes for each team/theme): LEED for buildings — Sean Baraoidan, USGBC
- B Corps — Winnie Mulamba, Executive Director Florida for Good and Mother Kombucha
- Green Business Bureau – Leah Mowery, Sustainability Program Manager
- Florida Green Lodging — Sheena Chin-Greene and Legacy Vacation Resorts – Susana Guerra
- Sustainable restaurants — Heilman’s Beachcomber Sheri Heilman and Heidi Hoffeditz, Auburn Supply Group 10:50 Q & A
- 11:10 – Group discussion at tables– what are attending businesses already doing and how can we amplify it?
- 11:30 – Networking
- 12 pm – End
WHERE: USF St. Pete Campus – University Student Center (USC 256; ballroom 3)
**Please note: There is no need to print your “ticket” ***