Investors, clients, and local governments are driving demand for resilient buildings and communities, as the global building sector balances long-term investments amidst ever-changing climate risks. Local resilience leaders from across the Florida Community will illustrate how green building achieves resilience goals to create safer, more equitable places to call home.
Advance registration is required. Login instructions will be emailed to registered attendees 24 hours in advance of the session. You may also pose questions you’d like to discuss related to this topic in the registration!
Not a USGBC Florida Community Member, yet? Consider joining with a 15% discount when you register for this event.
- Discuss how resilience commitments help define local leadership.
- Define the value of resilience in buildings.
- Explain why investors and communities mutually benefit from an investment in green building and resilient design.
- Illustrate how and why investors value green building assets.
SPEAKERS & PROJECTS
- Alysson Blackwelder, Advocacy Program Manager, USGBC (Moderator)
- USDN Resilience Hubs — Kristin (“Baja”) Baja, CFM, Programs Director, Climate Resilience, Urban Sustainability Directors Network — INVITED
- Resiliency Hubs in Action — City of Orlando — INVITED
- Miami Beach Convention Center
- Climate Risk Assessment — Albert Slap, Principal, Risk Footprint — INVITED
SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
- 11:30 AM: Online event opens & speakers arrive
- 11:45 AM: Virtual doors open
- 12:00 PM – 12:10 PM: USGBC Welcome
- 12:10 PM – 12:15 PM: Session Framing (Moderator)
- 12:15 PM – 12:25 PM: Panelist #1 Opening Remarks
- 12:25 PM – 12:35 PM Panelist #2 Opening Remarks
- 12:35 PM – 12:45 PM: Panelist #3 Opening Remarks
- 12:45 PM – 12:55 PM: Panelist #4 Opening Remarks
- 12:55 PM – 1:25 PM: Discussion, Q&A
- 1:25 PM – 1:30 PM: Wrap up
Sarah Boren, email@example.com / 904-535-0055