With this program we want to share public policies that are accelerating green building adoption and demonstrate the variety of space types for which the public sector is achieving LEED certification. Learn about current policy and program initiatives as well as hear from project teams and owners who will highlight the goals, strategies, outcomes, and lessons learned from several different LEED rating systems including LEED BD+C, LEED CS Retail, LEED ID+C CI Healthcare, and LEED O+M.
Advance registration is required. Login instructions will be emailed to registered attendees 24 hours in advance of the session. You may also pose questions you’d like to discuss related to this topic in the registration.
Not a USGBC Florida Community Member, yet? Get a 15% discount when you register and add on an individual membership!
BIG THANK YOU TO SEQUIL Systems for being our event Education Sponsor!
- Elizabeth Beardsley, Senior Policy Counsel, USGBC Advocacy Team
- Chris Castro, Director of Sustainability & Resiliency, City of Orlando
- Alyssia Berthoumieux, Senior Sustainability Coordinator, City of Miami Beach
- Patricia Gomez, PE, CEM, GBE, LEED AP, Ph.D., Sustainability/Resilience/Energy Program Manager, Office of Resilience, Miami Dade County
Tyndall AFB Clinic, Tyndall Air Force Base (ID+C CI v2009 Healthcare, Silver, 82,645 sq ft)
- Ashley Eusey, PE, LEED AP, GGP, WELL AP, Associate | Sustainability Specialist, Hoefer Welker
- Parker Hall, PE, LEED AP, GPCP, CxT, Lead Mechanical Engineer, Hoefer Welker
Orange County Convention Center Recertification, Orlando (LEED-EB:OM v2009, Gold, 2,929,475 sq ft)
- Kristy Walson, PE, LEED Fellow, BEMP, Senior Sustainability Consultant, Energy Services Manager, TLC Engineering Solutions
Collins Park Parking Garage, Miami Beach (BD+C CS v4 Retail, Gold, 22,725 sq ft)
- Sabrina Baglieri, Senior Capital Projects Coordinator, City of Miami Beach
- Samantha Varela, LEED AP, WELL AP, Fitwel Ambassador, Director of Sustainability Services, SEQUIL Systems Inc.
City of Dunedin EOC/Fire Training Center, Dunedin (BD+C NC v4, Silver, 5,696 sq ft)
- Drew Smith, LEED AP BD&C, CGP, CxA, CSI, GBTP, COO, Two Trails, Inc.
Schedule at a Glance
- 11:45 PM: Virtual lobby opens
- 12:00 PM – 12:10 PM: USGBC Welcome (10 minutes)
- 12:10 PM – 12:40 PM: Policy Panel
- 12:40 PM – 12:50 PM: Tyndall AFB Medical & Vet Clinic, Tyndall Air Force Base (ID+C CI v2009 Healthcare, Silver, 82,645 sq ft) (10 mins)
- 12:50 PM – 1:00 PM: Orange County Convention Center Recertification, Orlando (LEED-EB:OM v2009, Gold, 2,929,475 sq ft) (10 mins)
- 1:00 PM – 1:10 PM Collins Park Parking Garage, Miami Beach (BD+C CS v4 Retail, Gold, 22,725 sq ft) (10 mins)
- 1:10 PM – 1:20 PM: City of Dunedin EOC/Fire Training Center, Dunedin (BD+C NC v4, Silver, 5,696 sq ft) (10 min)
- 1:20 PM – 1:30 PM: Q&A and Wrap Up (10 min)
- Describe the top, overarching goals and objectives of the projects as they relate to sustainability, health & wellness, resilience, and equity
- Compare and contrast the most notable strategies from the projects that contributed to achieving LEED BD+C, LEED CS Retail, LEED ID+C CI Healthcare, and LEED O+M certification and recertification.
- Link lessons learned from these projects with an emphasis on health and human experience, and how the project teams would approach things differently under LEED BD+C, LEED CS Retail, LEED ID+C CI Healthcare, and LEED O+M.
- Discuss how the projects’ performance outcomes added value, and how ongoing performance is being measured against LEED v4.1 O+M recertification guidance
- Learn about various public policies in Florida and how they are encouraging adoption of LEED and green building strategies.
Submitted for approval for
- 1.5 GBCI LEED-specific CE hours (for the BD+C, ID+C, and O+M specialties, and the LEED Green Assoc. credential)
- AIA approved for 1.5 LU/HSW
- USGBC Florida Member + Guest (BOGO) — $20
- USGBC Member & Partner Organization members — $20
- General / Non-members — $30
- Emerging Professionals (Out of college; 30 and under) — $15
- Full time students (with .edu email) — $15
Special opportunity for USGBC Florida Individual Members — Please consider bringing another person (e.g., student, client, someone who has never heard of USGBC) for no extra cost as part of your registration. The BOGO offer is to say thank you for being a part of our community!